Nashville-based nonprofit Bridges has announced multiple staff and board appointments, including the addition of Mimi Fondren as director of development.
Fondren previously served as membership manager at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and as a medical social worker at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Other past roles include associate director of the Hospital Hospitality House of Nashville and director of public relations for the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art.
Fondren has served on the board of directors for Nashville Shakespeare Festival and has volunteered with Nashville Cat Rescue and has assisted Walden’s Puddle Wildlife Rehabilitation Center with fundraising and event-planning.
Fondren received a B.A. degree from Rhodes College and a master's degree from the University of Tennessee.
In addition, Bridges, which supports the deaf and hard of hearing, has promoted Mary Hunt, former manager of the Mary McKinney Youth Center, to director of youth education and services, and Tracy Smith, former executive assistant, to program manager of empowerment and advocacy.
The personnel moves follow the naming in July of Nancy Denning-Martin as president and CEO (read here).
“As a Child of Deaf Adult, I am extremely passionate about — and grateful for — the work Bridges does to support deaf and hard-of-hearing individuals in our community,” Jason Ross, new Bridges board chair and LifePoint Health vice president of population health, said in the release.
“The agency’s growing leadership team has done an exceptional job of building a healthy organization with outstanding programs and services, and this newly elected board of directors is highly qualified, motivated and dedicated to supporting that team as it navigates unprecedented growth and opportunity,” he added.
2016-17 Board of Directors:
* Jason Ross, Chair – Vice President, Population Health at LifePoint Health
* Bob Tuke, Vice Chair – Partner at Trauger & Tuke
* Jessica O'Sullivan, Secretary – Sales & Marketing Manager/Owner at Dan McGuinness Irish Pubs
* Michael Leidel, Treasurer & Finance Committee Chair – Community Volunteer
* Alex Hughes, Fundraising Committee Chair – Vice President, Talent Attraction & Retention at the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
* Brad Blackman - Fine Artist and Graphic Designer at Barge, Waggoner, Sumner and Cannon
* Nelson Eddy - Managing Partner, Creative at DVL Seigenthaler
* John Forbes - Retired, Community Volunteer
* Malcolm Howell - Bill Wilkerson Center at Vanderbilt Medical Center
* Nawal Zahid Kirmani - Community Volunteer, Student
* Larry Martin – Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis at Asurion
* Brian Shelby - Assistant Vice President, Quality Measurement & Reporting at HCA IT&S
* Anna Walker – President at The Total You Image Consulting
* Wanda Wilson – Senior Mortgage Loan Officer at Southern Bank of Tennessee
* Lynn Winans – Assistant Vice President of Clinical Excellence at HCA